We are looking for graduates to join our Christchurch team!
What will you get to do?
With a deep expertise in tax, our team gives top-quality, practical advice that’s tailored to our client’s unique circumstances. If you’re looking to build a long-term career in tax and want to deepen your technical expertise in this field, this is your chance to learn from some of the industry’s top taxation experts and work with a variety of top-tier clients ranging from multinational corporations, through to high net-worth individuals. Pretty interesting, right?
Your future starts with us.
With the diversity of work on offer in our supportive teams, we can take you places. You can gain experience across a number of the following areas:
1. Business Tax Advisory – We focus on delivering a comprehensive, practical approach to tax planning that helps corporate and international businesses meet their worldwide tax and statutory responsibilities while identifying planning opportunities and providing specialised services to achieve cost efficiencies.
2. Transfer Pricing - We work with multinational enterprises to help them understand and apply new global transfer pricing rules to their businesses. We also provide our clients with expertise on international related party transactions and defend them in interactions with tax authorities. Consultants with transfer pricing experience are in high demand around the world, and skills developed in the New Zealand market are relevant throughout your career.
3. Indirect Tax - As New Zealand’s leading indirect tax practice, we're specialists in a broad range of increasingly important indirect taxes including GST and Customs. We’re at the forefront of indirect tax policy and framing national conversations on GST issues. We provide indirect tax consulting and advisory services to our clients whilst also using data analytics and other technologies to offer solutions.
4. Mergers & Acquisitions – We provide tax advice to a variety of domestic and international clients to create value and help them achieve their commercial objectives in transactions (e.g. mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments or divestitures). Our involvement can include tax due diligence, structuring, sale documentation review and post-merger integration services.
5. Global Employer Services - We help global employers navigate the tax, technology, immigration and mobility aspects through a global network of experts. We help them transform global programmes in a cost-efficient manner and use data analytics, digital insights and other technologies to offer our clients tailored solutions.
6. Private Tax & Advisory – We provide advice to some of New Zealand’s most successful privately owned companies, high net worth individuals and not-for-profits. You’ll get to see the full gamut ranging from complex tax structuring, tax effective acquisitions and divestitures, right through to international expansion, succession planning, tax authority interaction and compliance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We are looking for anyone pursuing a degree and passion for Commerce and/or Business / Law and a genuine interest in a career in Tax.
You’ll possess the following skills;
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.