We are looking for graduates to join our Auckland Tax team.
What will you get to do?
Our team has wide-ranging expertise in tax to give top-quality, practical advice that’s tailored to our clients’ unique circumstances. If you’re looking to build a long-term career in tax and want to deepen your expertise and client experience in this field, this is your chance to learn from some of the industry’s top taxation experts and work with a variety of top-tier clients including multinational corporations, private companies and high net-worth individuals. Pretty interesting, right
Your future starts with us.
With the diversity of work on offer in our supportive teams, we can take you places. You can gain experience across a number of the following areas:
1. Business Tax Advisory – We give practical tax planning advice that helps corporate and international businesses meet their worldwide tax responsibilities while identifying opportunities and achieving cost efficiencies.
2. Transfer Pricing - We work with multinational enterprises to help them understand and apply new global transfer pricing rules to their businesses. We provide our clients with advice on the pricing of international related party transactions and defend them in interactions with tax authorities. Consultants with transfer pricing experience are in high demand around the world, and skills developed in the New Zealand market are relevant throughout your career. There’s no question, transfer pricing is one of the hottest topics on the tax landscape!
3. International Tax - We work with international businesses to help them understand the complexities of dealing with tax rules in a number of different countries, develop a global tax strategy and comply with their tax obligations in every country in which they operate. This often involves us talking to our colleagues in Deloitte offices all over the world!
4. Indirect Tax - As New Zealand’s leading indirect tax practice, we're specialists in a broad range of increasingly important indirect taxes including GST and Customs. We’re at the forefront of indirect tax policy and framing national conversations on GST issues. We provide indirect tax consulting and advisory services to our clients whilst also using data analytics and other technologies to offer solutions.
5. Mergers & Acquisitions – We assist a variety of domestic and international clients to create value and help them achieve their commercial objectives in a wide variety of transactions (e.g. mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, equity investments, divestitures or share market listings/IPOs). Our involvement includes tax due diligence, acquisition structuring/Overseas Investment Office approval, sale documentation review & negotiation, dealing with warranty & indemnity insurers, and post-merger integration services. If you like the idea of fast-paced work and being part of a team that collaborates with other advisers to get deals done (and sometimes more than one at once!), our M&A tax team is the perfect place for you.
6. Global Employer Services - We help global employers navigate the tax, technology, immigration and mobility aspects through a global network of experts. We help them transform global programmes in a cost-efficient manner and use data analytics, digital insights and other technologies to offer our clients tailored solutions.
7. Private Tax & Advisory – We provide advice to some of New Zealand’s most successful privately owned companies, high net worth individuals and not-for-profits. You’ll get to see the full gamut ranging from complex tax structuring, tax effective acquisitions and divestitures, right through to international expansion, succession planning, tax authority interaction and compliance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We are looking for anyone pursuing a degree and passion for Commerce and/or Business / Law and a genuine interest in a career in Tax.
You’ll possess the following skills;
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.