The MIRAD caters perfectly for students interested in careers in foreign affairs or inter-state coordination.
While the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade | Manatū Aorere does not require specific tertiary pathways, applicants can find it advantageous to have a postgraduate degree in an analytical subject such as law, political science, international relations, economics, or science.
Graduates will leave UC having:
- advanced knowledge of current research in international relations
- advanced knowledge of current professional practice in diplomacy and related fields
- the ability to understand theoretical and practical problems in international relations and diplomacy
- proven expertise in research processes (eg, formulating a research question, data collection and analysis, case study analysis, and hypothesis testing)
- engaged with senior university staff and senior figures in politics and policy.