The PGDipCounsTh is equivalent to the first year of the Master of Counselling (MCouns).
If you complete the PGDipCounsTh with a GPA of 5 or higher in the most advanced courses taken, you can apply to enter into the second year of the MCouns to complete the masters qualification.
To do this, you must include a research methods course in your PGDipCounsTh study.
120-point taught masters
- 90 points: Core courses in Professional Counselling:
- Counselling Laboratory (PROFCOUN 701)
- The Counselling Process (PROFCOUN 705)
- Cultural Issues in Counselling (PROFCOUN 706)
- Professional Issues in Counselling (PROFCOUN 708)
- Research and Counselling (PROFCOUN 709)*
- 30 points: Elective courses from:
- Education Professional Studies (EDPROFST 700-757, 760-788)
- Education (EDUC 702-764, 767)
- Professional Counselling (PROFCOUN 700-704, 707, 710)
- Professional Supervision (PROFSUPV 704, 713)
- Social Work Health Practice: Working with Grief and Loss (SOCHLTH 732)
- or a 700 level course in another subject as approved by the Associate Dean (Postgraduate)
See taught online and face-to-face courses available at the faculty for your programme.
* Research and Counselling (PROFCOUN 709) is a prerequisite for enrolment for students wishing to enrol in the Research Portfolio of the Master of Counselling Theory following the award of this postgraduate qualification.