Join Deloitte and be part of making an impact that matters.
Do you want to make an impact in your career? Then start as you mean to continue with Deloitte. Where from day one, you’ll be doing work that matters, on projects that matter.
What will you do in Actuarial Services?
You will work with our clients on the challenges they face, helping them to make important value-based decisions.
- Core Actuarial support in valuation and pricing for both small and large insurers throughout New Zealand, understanding your clients challenges and their industries.
- Strategic decision making support to our public and private sector clients which can include complex financial and economic modelling and analysis
- Professional, visually engaging deliverables for clients to effectively convey our complex analysis into a tidy, smart and easily digestible format.
- Advice around system infrastructure, working closely with our IT consulting and Finance teams to develop and build streamlined business processes
- Presentation of recommendations back to your clients with your team.
- Our projects are broad, meaning you will gain experience across a range of industries
- You will have many opportunities to develop useful technical skills and we will support you throughout your Actuarial studies
We need to quickly gain the trust and respect of our clients – something that hinges as much on personality as it does on intellect.
With that in mind, you must be/have:
- Totally comfortable with numbers and mathematical concepts
- Great analytical & problem solving skills and the ability to “think on your feet”
- Good communication skills including written reports and the ability to build relationships and work with clients and people across all levels of Deloitte
- Strong computing, data modelling and statistical analysis skills
- Familiarity with a range of analytic and modelling tools
- Keen interest and curiosity, you always want to get to the bottom of an issue and have an ability to think “outside the box” to create innovative insights & solutions
- Attention to detail
- Resilience and ability to help clients in a crisis
Where can I do it?
What degree will you have?
- Science with Actuarial Science major
- Majors in Actuarial science, Maths, Statistics or related;
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Sound like you? Apply today or check out our website for more info and full job description!
Deloitte New Zealand is proud to be part of Deloitte Asia Pacific to succeed in becoming the undisputed leader in professional services to really make an impact that matters. Deloitte New Zealand brings together more than 1400 specialists providing New Zealand's widest range of high quality professional services. We focus on assurance, tax, technology & systems, strategy, digital, performance improvements, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensics and accounting services.