Part of the global BP group of companies and with operations in over 100 countries, GBS ANZ supports BP Australia's businesses of exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. With over 400 employees, 100,000 end customers and $40 billion in processed transactions per annum, GBS ANZ takes pride in being the engine room for BP.
BP GBS is offering 2 brilliant opportunities for Marketing and/or Business students to join the team as part of our 12-month Co-operative (Co-op) full-time program. Commencing in January 2020, the Co-op program provides penultimate year students with the chance to gain experience in a real job where you can apply the knowledge you have gained at university while continuing to develop your technical and business skills.
As a Marketing Co-op, you will have a focus on:
- Marketing and Customer Experience (primarily focused on our BP Plus Card product, you will support marketing, customer communication, sales, customer support and reporting/insights)
- Targeted digital campaign development and execution (eDM)
- End-to-end customer acquisition, on boarding and retention
- Identify and develop initiatives to improve and support the customer experience strategy
- Delivery of key business objectives through effective customer communication and branding/design
- Campaign reporting and generating insights based on success measures
- Assist in operationalising new service lines for product and marketing support (i.e. new product launches)
- Voice of the Customer (VoC) program evolution
- Execution of Just Do IT's (JDIs) - quick executable business initiatives to improve business efficiencies and bring concepts to life
The co-op role will gain exposure to continuous process improvement and simplification initiatives across the business and will interact with a range of internal and external customers who will challenge and develop your communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills.
To be successful in the role you will also have the following attributes:
- strong personal effectiveness: you are able to communicate purposefully and clearly with a range of stakeholders, present ideas, manage your time and are hungry to learn, develop and acquire new skills
- partnership and personal impact: you contribute to team morale, are flexible in your approach, empathetic and considerate of others, self-aware of your personal impact and decisive and driven
- customer service and business insight: you put the customer first - aware of their needs and focused on providing quality customer service and maintaining strong relationships, you invest time and energy in understanding the context in which you operate (company and role) and use this knowledge to improve your performance and drive value
- previous work experience in a marketing or communications discipline will be well regarded as well as customer service experience
- ideally in your penultimate year of a Marketing, Communications or Business (or similar) degree/postgraduate degree and available for 12 months in 2020 to come and work with us. We would also consider recent graduates
- achieving a minimum 65% GPA average
- available to start in early-mid-January 2020
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
GBS offers a vibrant, collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes its values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We are committed to developing your career and reward our people with a competitive salary package and flexible working conditions coupled with benefits that reflect these values. As a GBS Co-op you will receive valuable development, mentoring and feedback on your performance which will kick start your career in Marketing!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have issues when applying. Applications will be screened as they are submitted throughout the course of the campaign.